Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wake N' Bacon


I'm sure we all hate our alarm clocks. I myself, am trialled for a few cases of alarm clock homicides. On top of that, a couple of phones as well. :p Now, lets go to the birth of the coolest alarm clock ever by Matty Sallin, Daniel Bartolini and Hsiao-huh Hsu. Bravo!

Its a revolution very much like something a bunch of engineers would come out with when we are drunk. AHHAHAAH. Still very impressed by its simplicity, using timber as the housing. The germans would buy this off the shelf as a GAG present. If it's for sale, I would consider buying one for my friends who have trouble waking up. LOL

"A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night before. Because there is a 10minute cooking time, the clock is set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the alarm goes off, the clock sends a signal to a small speaker to generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes."

Now. all it needs is a snooze function. :p then I'll get another chunk after I brush my teeth!

Simply ingenious. Wake N' Bacon