Thursday, May 24, 2012

12 Hours of Sebring 2012

The 60th edition of the Sebring 12 hours was never going to be the most exciting race with an uncontested P1 category, but the chance to see R18's in competition and the always exciting GT battles were convincing enough to make the trip to the airfield in the orange groves.
I brought some new gadgets this year including a Nimslo 3D which I had never used before this weekend. I only bought it a few weeks ago and one test roll I shot at home did not produce any images. The images I shot at Sebring were the first I had ever taken and they are a bit sloppier than I had hoped as a result.

some Porsches in Preen Park

Audi's of the recent past

 
lady course Marshal


Delta Wing did a few parade laps. Mostly open minded reactions to this car with a general sense of "let's see what this thing can do"


 
the vantage point




Thursday Night Practice


light painting


Friday


is that an extra side mirror?


Nick Heidfeld


last minute fixes on Friday night




Race day. Saw marshals from France, Netherlands, UK.


#2 Audi pulling out an early lead


all three Audis eating T9 to T10. note the heat trails

 


~$5 worth of beer

 
spectating


shadows getting longer



I took some video and a few hours of high quality audio that I am still editing.